Friday 7 November 2014

The Train

Entrepreneurs start their businesses from an idea and J.K Rowling did just that, but she did it in a very unlikely place. On a train. J.K Rowling tells her story like this , "It was 1990. I was traveling back to London on my own on a crowded train, and the idea for Harry Potter simply fell into my head.  I did not have a functioning pen with me, but I do think this was probably a good thing. I simply sat and thought for hours."

J.K Rowling worked on her book for years before attempting to get an agent. She was turned down many times before an agent said yes. J.K Rowling worked on Harry Potter for years before finishing. She was incredibly eager to publish, for writing was her passion. Unfortunately things do not always come easily, J.K Rowling was denied publication of her book for a year before Bloomsbury Publishers decided to publish it. Today Harry Potter has been translated into 68 languages and is one of the most popular books sold and read.


J.K Rowling at Kings Cross Station

No comments:

Post a Comment